Book Talk: Auto-Buy Authors

Friday 30 October 2015

Most readers and book collectors all have them. Those authors you cannot overlook in the bookshop and find yourself drawn to no matter what. To put it plainly: 

we all have auto-buy authors.


Writers whose works we avidly collect, trying our hardest to read every single book they've written, waiting on the edge of our seats for new releases and snapping them up as soon as we can. We may not realise it, but chances are we've done it at least once.

For me, the authors I will always buy from include Stephen King, Rick Riordan, Julie Kagawa, and Sarah J. Maas. I'm actually trying to read all of Stephen King's work so not only am I collecting his new things - like I am with all my other auto-buys - I'm also collecting all of his older stuff. 

I don't tend to keep a note of new releases and their dates, and I don't keep a record of the books I already own from specific authors, so I don't always make it easy for myself to keep up to date with what I need to get my hands on next.

I'm not one of those people to get books on release day every time. I don't always remember to pre-order. Sometimes it can take me months to get new books from the authors I love, but that doesn't change the fact that they are still my auto-buy authors.


Who are your auto-buy authors? Do you get their new books on release day or do you prefer to wait?

4 comments:

  1. My auto-buy has to be John Green. I got so excited when he said that he was writing again! I also really like Rick Riordan, but I haven't picked up his new series yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the opposite with John Green; he's an author I'm not dying to read. I have Rick Riordan's new book but I've yet to read it. I've heard some mixed things about it though.

      Delete
  2. My autobuy authors are Rainbow Rowell, John Green, Sarah J Mass, Marie Lu, Richelle Mead, J.K Rowling, Stephanie Perkins. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rainbow Rowell is probably one of mine, too, as I own all but two of her books haha. :)

      Delete

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez