TBR Feature #1

Friday 13 November 2015


TBR Feature is an idea I've had for a while. Basically, every now and then, I'll pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

Feed by Mira Grant

I picked up Feed because ever since I started watching The Walking Dead I've become interested in zombie films and books. I haven't actually read or watched that many, so I thought this was as good a place as any to start. Since picking it up - last October, might I add - I've learnt that it's quite a political story. 

While I am still interested in picking it up and giving it a chance, I have to admit that I'm not as enthusiastic as I once was. Perhaps I'll end up loving it though, a lot of people have. But a lot of people also didn't enjoy it, as well.

Nevertheless, I will get to this at some point, I promise. Books with mixed reviews always have a way of pulling me in to form my own opinions.


Have you read Feed?

4 comments:

  1. I loved Feed!! It was actually one of the small amount of books that gave me a book hangover, literally, I think it took me over a week to get over this book. It is political and centers around blogging too. I have no interest in politics (I actually hate the subject) but I still loved this book!
    I wrote a review for it actually if you want to have a look :) - http://yabookaholic123.blogspot.ie/2014/10/book-review-feed-by-mira-grant.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, it must be good then! I'm interested to see how blogging is involved it in now that you've said that, so I'll have to get to it soon. :)

      Delete
  2. I really like The Walking Dead even though I still haven't watched the new season. But I haven't read a zombie book.After looking it up it doesn't seem like what you'd expect as a zombie story. I might have to check it out from the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you get round to the new season you won't be disappointed! Such a roller coaster and it's barely even started. I'd be interested in seeing your thoughts if you do decide to pick this up!

      Delete

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez