Nottingham Haul

Friday 25 March 2016

It's been a while since I last did a haul...


Last weekend my mum, aunt, and I went into Nottingham to do some shopping, have a bite to eat, and then stay over. It ended up being a really fun couple of days and I'm really glad I decided to go in the end, as I was 95% sure I didn't want to go. I totally broke my New Year's resolution of buying fewer books, though. But in my defence I'd been saving money for a while and I bought mainly graphic novels, which aren't really books. And three of them also only cost me four pounds each, which is a total bargain.


I wasn't going to buy any books, but then I wandered into the horror section of Waterstones. A big mistake for me at the best of times, but this was even worse. Sitting there, calling to me, was a copy of 20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill... With a great big 'signed by the author' sticker slapped on the cover.

Naturally I had to buy it, because who wouldn't want a book signed by Stephen King's son? And seeing as I'd already picked one book up I went ahead and added Invasion to my bundle because I'm a sucker for anything The Walking Dead. (Plus I already own all the other books in the series and this finished it off quite nicely.)

Which books have you picked up recently?

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a successful shopping day! I've been on a ate it book buying ban lately, but I've been getting really into the library as an alternative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did haha! I was supposed to be on a ban, but I had to get these - one of them was signed, how could I walk away from that? I haven't used my library in ages and I actually need to get my card renewed. First I need to get through all of the books I already own...

      Delete
  2. I hear morning glories is such a chill, good read! I've been meaning to pick it up for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it'd be a nice read but it's honestly not chill! Not as bad as some but there was some surprising gore!

      Delete

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez