TBR Feature #5

Friday 8 April 2016

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every now and then, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

Serena by Ron Rash


I got Serena for my eighteenth birthday. I'll be turning twenty this October and I still haven't read it. It's not that I don't want to, I just haven't really been in the mood for it. It's not a book that I look at and think yes, I have to read this next. Rather, I look at it and think I really should get to it... but not right now.

Historical fiction is one of my favourite genres although I am very picky about it. Typically, I'm not interested in anything set in the twentieth century (unless it's late Victorian, but allowances can also be made for early Edwardian) but I'm going to try to go into this with an open mind. I won't lie, it was Jennifer Lawrence starring in the film that made me pick this up, not any kind of deep seated interest in the time period.

I actually haven't read that many reviews for it, so I'm unsure what to expect and how much I'll enjoy it. Hopefully it won't fall flat because I don't want to donate it - it has Jennifer Lawrence on the cover, for goodness' sake.


Have you read Serena?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez