TBR Feature #26

Wednesday 2 November 2016

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every Wednesday, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

I'm not really sure what's stopped me from picking this up, as it could have been a number of things. The hype surrounding it, the length of it, wanting to wait for more of the series to be published first. I don't know. I can't even remember when I bought it.

When I first heard about this I was excited from it. A fairy tale retelling from one of my favourite authors?! Yes please! Now, though, I have to admit that my excitement has diminished. I've heard that the characters in this get annoying and that their relationship is poorly written, and I feel like I've already read it, given how popular it is in the blogging community. The direction the Throne of Glass series has taken has also influenced my thoughts on this, as I've heard several comparisons between Empire of Storms and A Court of Mist and Fury.

I probably will still give this a go, but I'm not dying to pick it up like I used to with Sarah J. Maas books. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised and will like this, but who knows?

Have you read A Court of Thorns and Roses?

2 comments:

  1. I really loved this book! It didn't really remind me of a retelling in my opinion, but it was very mystical and cool. Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez