TBR Feature #27

Wednesday 9 November 2016

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every Wednesday, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

The Young World by Chris Weitz

I couldn't tell you why I haven't picked this up in the two years that I've owned it. It's not that I'm not interested, because I am, I just... haven't got round to it yet

I picked this up for free at the 2014 Young Adult Literature Convention that was part of London Film and Comic Con (the full haul can be found here, and reviews for some of the books can be found in my archive) and then just kept putting it off. I'm not entirely sure if this is a finished copy or an advanced copy, but if it is then oops. Probably should have read and reviewed it years ago, if that's the case.

The premise seems really interesting and right up my alley, though: a post-apocalyptic world run by teenagers. What's not to love? Well, the romance aspect of it, because the blurb mentions Donna, the girl the leader is in love with. Hopefully, that won't be a massive part of the story and I'll be able to overlook it, because I really don't want a love story to ruin what could be a great take on the apocalypse.

Have you read The Young World?

4 comments:

  1. That seems right up my alley too! Might have to add this to my tbr:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it's like The Maze Runner - but only the first book because the rest weren't good at all haha

      Delete
  2. I often look at books and think: now where the hell did this come from, and why haven't I read it yet? Lol. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's basically the story of my life and why TBR Feature will live forever :P

      Delete

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez