TBR Feature #37

Wednesday 18 January 2017

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every Wednesday, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

Dark Tide by Jessica Donnelly

I received this book - twice, actually, thanks to a mistake on Amazon - for Christmas in 2015. If the fact that it's being featured right now isn't obvious enough, I'll clear things up: I still haven't read it.

The only reason I haven't, though, is that I want to re-read the first two books before I dive into this one. (Sorry, it's a mermaid book - of course I'd slip a water related pun in.) Despite having reviewed both the first and second books, I can't remember a thing. All I know is that there are mirrors, a chase scene or two, and loads of punny terminology. Thankfully, they aren't long books and are pretty easy reading, so my plan is to whizz through Deep Blue and Rogue Wave again and finish this.

However. From what I do recall, Rogue Wave wasn't as good as the first book. I gave it two stars and I'm pretty sure I called it boring. My hope is that that was down to a fluke, and that this third book is just as easy going and fun as the first book. If nothing else, it's another beautiful hardback to add to my shelf.

Have you read Dark Tide?

2 comments:

  1. Why are there so many mermaid books lately? I really don't get the attraction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea! But seeing as The Little Mermaid is one of my favourite Disney films and I love all things mythical/fairy tale-esque I'm not complaining :P

      Delete

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez