TBR Feature #38

Wednesday 25 January 2017

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every Wednesday, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

Sea Spell by Jennifer Donnelly

Following on from last week's TBR Feature, we have book four in the Waterfire Saga - Sea Spell. And obviously, I haven't read this one yet because I haven't read the previous book.

I'm apprehensive about finishing up this series, as I have absolutely no idea how it will end, or what the final outcome could even be. It'll be a happy one, I hope, as this is marketed more towards children. I can see the group of mermaids defeating the bad guy - because good always wins - but I can't remember how they're going to go about that, or even if they'll be on speaking terms to complete their quest.

I really hope the conflicts, both big and small, are wrapped up nicely in this final installment, as I can't stand when questions are left unanswered and things haven't been resolved. Mostly, I hope that the friendships between the six girls is mended, as I recall there was some tension in the first book that didn't seem to be fixed in the second.

No matter how I feel about it, though, I'll be reviewing it at some point. So if you're at all interested in this series, keep your eyes peeled.

Have you read Sea Spell?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez