TBR Feature #63

Wednesday 19 July 2017

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every Wednesday, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

Dreamcatcher by Stephen King

As I have said numerous times, I'm trying to read all of Stephen King's books. What I haven't mentioned, is that most of the unread King books I own are long. Dreamcatcher is one of them.

Now it's not so much the size that's putting me off this - after all, I have read It, which I will forever be proud of - but it's a contributing factor. It's more the fact that this seems to be one of King's weirder books. If I'm not mistaken, there are aliens involved, or sci-fi elements at the very least. I'm not a fan of sci-fi, so you can see why I'm hesitant to get to this one.

There's also the fact that Stephen King himself doesn't really like this book. Yeah. The author isn't a big fan of the book, so where does that leave me as a reader? In a totally different situation to King himself, actually, as he wrote this whilst recovering from a car accident. Can you blame him for not liking a book that no doubt holds lots of bad memories? I know I can't. What I don't know, however, is whether I'll feel differently to him about the story.

Have you read Dreamcatcher?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez