TBR Feature #65

Wednesday 2 August 2017

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every Wednesday, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

Solitaire by Alice Oseman

I'll admit that I don't know anything about this book, other than the fact that I'd like to give it a go. I've seen Radio Silence mentioned quite a lot on Booktube and decided that Alice Oseman was an author I needed to get to, but I hadn't seen that book anywhere to buy. And then I found this on Depop.

I actually swapped books with someone for this so it only cost me the price of sending out the parcel. Which is good in case it turns out that I absolutely hate this. Because this is a contemporary, and I don't always get on with that genre. I'm hoping that this will be one of the rare cases where I adore the story, but I'm not holding my breath.

And I know it may seem silly to go into a book with such low expectations, but I look at it this way: I can't be let down if I expect the worst. I'll either be right in my assumptions, or pleasantly surprised. But this can't be that bad, right?

Have you read Solitaire?

2 comments:

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez