TBR Feature #75

Wednesday 22 November 2017

TBR Feature is the chance for me to, every Wednesday, pick one of my unread books and discuss it: why I picked it up, when I'll get round to reading it, if I'm still interested in it at all etc.

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

A couple of years ago, I started reading The Iron Fey series. I made it through the first two books and really enjoyed them. Sure, there's an annoying love triangle and the love interests are the typical young adult bad boy and best friend, but I adored Julie Kagawa's writing and how she chose to portray fey. Why, then, has it taken me so long to pick up book three?

The answer? I'm not sure. I just... haven't. And now I'm at a point where I can only remember snippets from books one and two: Meghan's brother is involved, someone dies, there's weirdness surrounding the fey powers, I think there's a magical automaton sidekick. A re-read seems to definitely be in order.

Once I have eventually managed to squeeze a re-read in I plan to continue with books three and four, and maybe even the novella collection and then maybe even start with the companion (spin-off? I'm not sure) series, The Call of the Forgotten. If I have book one for that, I honestly can't remember.

Have you read The Iron Queen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a thought or an opinion? I'd love to hear it.

design by amanda inez